(January 3rd 2008)
Memphis’ starters were surprised to vacate their positions early. Coach John Calipari became frustrated with their play and pulled all five starters within a minute of the game.
Although Memphis vacated all of their wins, this game still “happened”… or did it?
Try to explain this:
- Siena lost and they will not change that in the record books. That is NCAA policy.
- Head Coach John Calipari has established a reputation of Final Four teams. After leading UMass to a Final Four in 1996, he cemented his reputation as a top coach by leading Memphis to a Final Four and minutes away from a championship. He is now trying to lead Kentucky into establishing its reputation as a top program.
- Derrick Rose is now in the NBA.
- Tay Fisher and all of the Saints points still ‘exist’. This photo might explain where they do exist:
- I’m sure the NCAA has “top men” working on it right now.
- Memphis’ will vacate the win but Siena still takes a loss.
I’m trying to find a real winner here and I think I found the answer: nobody.
Memphis will pay for a crime which their current players and coaches didn’t commit.